WHO WE ARE
IXDS is a collective of designers, technologists, researchers and entrepreneurs in Berlin and Munich. Collectively, we work towards a shared purpose: To create desirable and lasting impact by empowering individuals, teams, and businesses.
With a unique set of tools and methods, we uncover relevant user and market insights and leverage the best of existing technology to transform these insights into desirable product and service experiences. We work across the digital and analogue to create an enduring impact on organizations and people: Every day, we are getting our heads around how people will live their lives in the future – in smart homes or when they shop, how they manage their health intelligently or get from A to B in a seamless way, how they collaborate and live together in totally new formats. We think about how companies can offer smarter services to their clients and employees, finding smarter ways to manufacture and distribute goods. And we love to prototype this future, day by day: By continuously delivering reference experience prototypes we accelerate the invention and market readiness of meaningful products and services.
About Smart Manufacturing
Digital technology is fundamentally changing the manufacturing of physical goods - be it through digitalization of machines, factories or processes and the implications for all stakeholders, be it through platform businesses forcing former competitors to collaborate, or be it through the speed on innovation accelerated through startups and new technologies as e.g. blockchain.
With our user-centered, hands-on approach, we at IXDS are supporting this transformation in large corporations as well as in small and medium size companies and in startups. Our involvement ranges from more traditional UX/UI design (often including industrial design) to designing the strategy for C-level management. A while ago, we started helping a range of companies through a lean start-up approach by ‘ramping-up’ internal startup teams.
Currently, we are transforming IXDS into a self-managed, purpose-led organization – in which each individual is empowered to maximize her or his impact. Within this transformation, we've established ‘consulting ventures’ to empower teams to act as co-entrepreneurs - helping to push IXDS’ purpose further.
What you will contribute
- You will be one of the driving forces pushing the IXDS Smart Manufacturing Venture forward.
- Together with other co-entrepreneurs/co-founders you will lead projects and teams, inspire clients and the larger community, build start-ups and push the discipline further.
- You will also develop the Smart Manufacturing Venture as it would be your own business, e.g. decide how to invest, whom to hire, which strategic direction to take, with whom to partner or to collaborate and how to use the profit.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- You are an expert product manager, team lead for engineers, designers, or creative technologists, or similar with several years of relevant work experience.
- Your passion and background lie in Smart Manufacturing/Industry 4.0, MedTech or enterprise software.
- You are interested in new technologies and industry projects and constantly ready to broaden your horizon.
- You know how to turn a client conversation into an offer, and derive budgets and timelines.
- You are confident leading multidisciplinary project teams of highly motivated individuals (but you also feel comfortable asking for help).
- Ideally, you have an understanding of one or more the following fields: service design, user research, industrial design and manufacturing methods, UX/UI design, business design or creative technology.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A purpose-driven, collaborative working culture and studio atmosphere
- Work with clients ranging from startups to big corporates
- Great variety of projects in diverse contexts and industries
- Interdisciplinary teams to build and share knowledge and tackle complex challenges
- Supportive team culture cultivated in collective team lunches, thirsty thursdays, coffee dates etc.
- Balanced working hours and a 4-day work week (80%)
- The opportunity to take over responsibility quickly and shape your own career
- Fair pay and a bonus program for every team member
- Flexible collaboration tools and working hours/places to take your personal life situation into account
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging position we are keen on hearing about your visions and ideas! Please send your application to email@example.com including your CV/portfolio, links to prior work and your salary expectations (80%). If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.